1) This gorgeous quilt over at the empty bobbin. It was featured this past week over at Sew Mama Sew and I can see why! All I can say is WOW! It looks like it was a ton of work, but so worth it!!! I hope one day I can make something like this!
2) Pie. MMMmm! I don’t think I could pick a favourite kind. I had some strawberry rhubarb pie last night and it was very yummy. I wanted to have some for breakfast too, but then I would have to give some to the kids as well and that would be setting a bad example. I have only made a couple pies before. Maybe this is something I could spend some time learning to make this year.
3) I love these sweet little dresses over at kojodesigns. Actually, I am so excited to discover this blog in general! It’s now been added to my blog reading list! Anyway, these dresses look like are pretty simple to make and they are so pretty. I might have to try making a few. That is one of the great things about having three daughters. I get three tries to make some things and by the end I am an expert!
4) Okay, this is a very useful thing to be able to make! I really don’t like flip flops on young kids because they are always falling off. The kids love them though. This wonderful, creative woman at shannonmakesstuff (her name is Shannon, of course) was super awesome and put up a tutorial to make these fantastic straps to keep those darn flip flops on your kids’ feet! Shannon, in my books, you totally rock! Thanks so much for posting this!!!
5) A big, beautiful field full of flowers! Whenever I see one, I just want to sit down and relax. Have a picnic. Take some pictures of the kids playing in the field. And if there is sunshine, then it makes it all that much better.
Have a great weekend!
(All photos courtesy of sites mentioned)